Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Love Spell


I love words. A lot. If you know me in person, then you know that I am a “talker” (and would probably say that term is a gross understatement). If you are a reader of this blog, then you have probably noticed by now that I have a tendency to be a little on the long-winded side. Verbose. Wordy. What can I say? I love words.
Naturally, I am drawn to crafts that feature words so when I caught a glimpse of this project from Melissa at 320 Sycamore, I was instantly smitten.
The best part of this craft? I already had all of the supplies! Which brings me to my most favorite word of all: FREE!
The cast of characters:
·         2 dollar store picture frames
·         Scrapbook paper
·         Scrabble tiles
·         Hot glue/Glue gun

The hardest part of this project was deciding which scrapbook paper I wanted to use. I kid you not.

I started by cutting my paper to size and putting it in the frames. Since the tiles are 3-D, I didn’t want to put the glass back in. However, I did put it behind the paper to help stabilize it (and because I wanted to keep it in case I ever decide to use the frame for something else down the road).
Once the paper was secured in the frames, I laid out my scrabble tiles and glued ‘em down. Just like that! Easy as pie.  And SO adorable!

For now, one frame lives on my mantle, while the other one hangs on a kitchen cabinet.  I’m swooning over here!



The Copycat Rundown:
Total Cost: I actually had everything on hand so it was free for me, but just for fun, the breakdown is this: Scrabble Tiles: $0.50 for a game of Scrabble at Goodwill, Scrapbook Paper: $.59/sheet at Michaels, Frames: $1 each from the Dollar Tree. Total Cost for both projects:  Around $4.70!!!
Total Time Spent: 10 minutes. For serious. So stinkin’ easy.
Would we do this again? Well that’s a silly question, now isn’t it? YES.
Credit: Big ups to Melissa at 320 Sycamore! Check it out here along with the rest of her sweet valentine vignette!
For a girl who wasn’t into Valentine décor before, there certainly is a lot of love floating around this house.  Next thing you know I’ll be whittling a bust of cupid out of wood. (And if that happens, please call for help.)

1 comment:

  1. Good information on this blog regarding a
    love spell
    and with a spell lots of happiness come in a life.

    ReplyDelete