Monday, December 13, 2010

A Copy Cat Crafter Christmas

When we heard that one of our faves, The Nester was hosting a Holiday Home Tour, we were pretty excited to jump on the bandwagon. Here at CopyCat HQ, we like to do Christmas up right. BUT--there's only so much typing space here on this little old blog, sowhat you'll see next is just a taste of Holiday explosion that goes on around here.

We'll start in the dining room, since, oddly enough, that's the first room you walk into when you come in my house. The dining room has a blue and silver theme and I love the way the different blues play off one another in the twinkling lights of the garland.


Those mini snowflakes are actually napkin rings! And the snowballs in the Hurricane glasses (which I made from materials at Dollar Tree!) are just bucle yarn wrapped around styrofoam balls. So simple!

Next we'll move onto the study, which is right off the dining room. This room has its own Christmas tree, the one we call the "fancy tree" because it has windows that face our street. And I couldn't do up Christmas without a tree you could see twinkling in the window as you drive home at night. It has a red and silver theme, and the ornaments just happened to work out that way. It wasn't planned!

I got those candle holders for .$50 a piece at an after Holiday clearance sale! And that start on top? $3 from...wait for it...Walgreens!

Next up, is the kitchen. Now, we just re-did our kitchen this past summer, so I haven't had an opportunity to get many holiday decorations that match our new color scheme. But I do want to keep it simple, so here's what we have so far:

A holiday message on my picture frame-turned chalkboard, a little sparkle in my Ikea vases on the shelf, and Natalie's pinecone wreath which I promised to return to her after my Christmas party, which was....two weeks ago. I keep hoping she doesn't notice its still missing. :)

The last leg of this year's home tour takes us into our den. This is the room we truly live in, and its the one that hosts our main, family Christmas tree. It has a red and white snowflake theme, which I love. The lights in this room make it feel that much warmer and inviting and I wish I could keep it this way all year round. There's nothing better than gathering by the fire with my family on cold winter nights and enjoying the twinkling lights of our Christmas tree.

On the windowsill....


Our stockings are hung by the chimney (and giant wreath) with care...the tiny tree I scored for $4 at Hobby Lobby this year goes great with the little sleigh...the garland I made for $4 using lights and ribbon I had...and our Christmas countdown sits proudly next to my favorite Christmas snowglobe.

And the center of it all:



I adore this tree because it represents our family. It documents our early lives as college students and then newlyweds, to our first Christmas as a family of three.





It represents who we are and what we love and the things we enjoy in life.


 And underneath it all, sit the gifts we've bought for the people we love most in the world.

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Merry Christmas, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I especially adore the ornaments and the let it snow chalkboard. I'm going to have to lift that idea for my January snowman decor (I just can't bear the emptiness of the house post Christmas- or maybe I have a decorating addiction. LOL!).
    Fuzzy Slippers Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great and cheerful! I’m having a Christmas Open House on the 16th…would love to have you join in!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas decor- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete